CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

29 August 2009

Favoritism

Ah, my favorite word.

NOT.

**(Warning: rant ahead)**

This past week at work my department met to discuss the results of a "Workplace of Choice" survey we completed several months ago. When the questions pertaining to opportunities for advancement and promotion came up, the majority of my fellows were pessimistic about both. When I disagreed, two of the more vocal naysayers started throwing around the word "favoritism." Neither of them, of course, looked me in the eye when they said it, but it was pretty obvious they were referring to me.

I tried not to let it get to me, but like a thorn it wriggled its way under my skin. I work my ass off - and I'm proud of that fact. I'm always looking for new ways to do things and new ways to prove myself. And when I'm given a new project, I do my utmost to produce the best possible results. I'm proud of the work I do, which is why it irks me to no end that my co-workers think so little of me, that they believe my success comes not from my own skills and drive, but from the caprice of management - whom they also don't seem to hold in very high esteem.

Well, here's a news flash, you azzhats - how 'bout you get off your dead asses and start communicating with management instead of expecting them to come to you? How 'bout you ASK how you can help? How 'bout you quit whining and DO something, for fuck's sake?!

ARGH!

Fortunately, my supervisors know the score when it comes to the use of this word - that most people who choose to sling it around are those who have the most entitlement issues, and who, at heart, don't really want to go above and beyond - they want the perks without having to do the work.

Yeah, I know these folks are green-eyed with envy, and right now I don't give a flying rodent's patoot for their pweshus widdle hurt feewings. They don't like me for being smart and ambitious? Tough. If they want change, they need to look to themselves instead of shooting off their mouths.

Idiots.

/rant

1 comments:

Nancy J. Parra said...

Ugh... some people's children... sigh.

Yay! For you working your ass off and having it show in your promotion, etc. You go! We know you are hard working and super smart. They should promote you.

Screw those sorry whiny souls and their whiny complaints. Hugs!